To make a truly positive difference to the lives of disabled children and their families by providing high quality services that offer support, opportunity, care, challenge and adventure.
- All children and young people are valued members of the community and can make a unique contribution
- Grace House is part of the support system that helps families with disabled children to thrive.
- All children and young people have the ability to make and express choices about their lives.
- All children and young people can be supported to reach their full potential.
- We respond to the needs of children and their families and provide the services that they tell us they want and value.
- Our services will be so good that everyone wants to come to Grace House. It will be seen as a Regional Centre of Excellence
- Children will come to Grace House and have a wonderful time and their families will get to take a break and recharge their batteries
- The key to our success will be making full use of our purpose-built facilities, having the best range of specialist equipment, investing in a team of highly committed, well trained staff and volunteers, and having a positive attitude that anything is possible.
- To work with Sunderland Care and Support to provide high quality short breaks
- To develop an ambitious programme of additional opportunities that support and benefit the whole family
- To continuously improve the range and quality of services offered by Grace House
- To promote and embed disabled children’s inclusion in life-enriching initiatives locally, regionally and nationally
- Grace House is a registered charity and a company limited by guarantee
- Its governing document is the Articles of Association approved at the AGM 28 February 2002.
- Governance is based on Company and Charity Law. The members of the Board are both Directors of the company and Trustees of the charity, and are all volunteers.
- The short break service is registered with Ofsted and Sunderland Care and Support are the Registered Provider
You can download a copy of our most recent audited accounts by Clicking Here
See a short video about Grace house by clicking here
More in this section:How Grace House supports families
Meet the team