To make a truly positive difference to the lives of disabled children and their families by providing high quality services that offer support, opportunity, care, challenge and adventure.
- All children and young people are valued members of the community and can make a unique contribution
- Grace House is part of the support system that helps families with disabled children to thrive.
- All children and young people have the ability to make and express choices about their lives.
- All children and young people can be supported to reach their full potential.
- We respond to the needs of children and their families and provide the services that they tell us they want and value
- Our services will be so good that everyone wants to come to Grace House. It will be seen as a Regional Centre of Excellence
- Children will come to Grace House and have a wonderful time and their families will get to take a break and recharge their batteries
- The key to our success will be making full use of our purpose-built facilities, having the best range of specialist equipment, investing in a team of highly committed, well trained staff and volunteers, and having a positive attitude that anything is possible.
- To work with Sunderland Care and Support to provide high quality short breaks
- To develop an ambitious programme of additional opportunities that support and benefit the whole family
- To continuously improve the range and quality of services offered by Grace House
- To promote and embed disabled children’s inclusion in life-enriching initiatives locally, regionally and nationally
- Grace House is a registered charity and a company limited by guarantee
- Its governing document is the Articles of Association approved at the AGM 28 February 2002.
- Governance is based on Company and Charity Law. The members of the Board are both Directors of the company and Trustees of the charity, and are all volunteers.
- The short break service is registered with Ofsted and Sunderland Care and Support are the Registered Provider
You can download a copy of our most recent audited accounts by clicking here
More in this section:How Grace House supports families
Meet the team
Local business gives disabled children exciting outdoor cooking experience at Grace House North East
11 July 2016
A Sunderland charity that provides care to children from all over the North East with complex disabilities, health needs and life limiting conditions has received support this week from staff at Simon Berry Optometrist in Durham.read more
Tweets by @GraceHouse10