Grace House children's charity welcomes children and young people from across the North East, with complex disabilities, health needs and life limiting conditions. We provide a fun, safe, exciting environment where children can come and live life to the full.
Our main service will be overnight short breaks at our beautiful, purpose built, fully accessible centre in Southwick, Sunderland delivered in partnership with Sunderland Carer and Support
Grace House Short Breaks Service will provide
- a place for up to 8 children and young people aged 5 years -17 years 11 months to come and stay overnight, on a planned and regular basis
- a chance for disabled children and young people to make new friends, do fun exciting activities, and go out on trips,
- an opportunity to take advantage of all the amazing facilities we have at Grace House, such as the sensory room, soft play and music room..
In 2016, Grace House are planning to offer additional services to families with disabled children including
- therapeutic music and arts activities
- adapted sports coaching
Grace House also plan to develop additional services for families with disabled children including
- alternative and complementary therapies for carers
- information and training
- support groups
- activity groups for babies and toddlers with complex needs and their families
Sign up to our newsletter to be the first to know
Our visionTo make a truly positive difference to the lives of disabled children and their families by providing high quality services that offer support, opport...
How Grace House supports familiesAt Grace House we aim to offer a range of specialist services to support not just children and young people who have complex disabilities, health need...
Meet the teamMeet the team behind Grace House.
Visitor informationWe always give a warm welcome to visitors to Grace House.
GallerySee a selection of photos from our site development.
Local business gives disabled children exciting outdoor cooking experience at Grace House North East
11 July 2016
A Sunderland charity that provides care to children from all over the North East with complex disabilities, health needs and life limiting conditions has received support this week from staff at Simon Berry Optometrist in Durham.read more
Tweets by @GraceHouse10